Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Meeting Miss Daily

When a new little life joins your family, it is hard to comprehend. The day we brought Dailia home from the hospital, Penelope and I had this conversation:

P: Are we going to keep her?

Me: Yeah

P: Like for a week?

Me: Forever

P: Woah.

Before Dailia was born, Penelope had been anxiously awaiting her sister's arrival. She would ask me when she was going to come out. She would tickle my belly and make her sister laugh inside. She would get so excited when she would feel her kick.

August was a little more oblivious to the reality of what was growing inside of me. He would point to my belly and say, "Baby." But he would also say, "Baby," when he pointed to his own belly.

I made tentative plans with my photographer friend Justin to take photograph Penelope and August meeting the new baby. I wanted to capture a little bit of the awe and excitement as they met their new sister, but I also knew Justin might not be available when the baby came.

So when my water broke, Justin was one of the first people who knew. Fortunately, he was be able to stop by the hospital on his way to Chicago.

This is how Penelope and August met Dailia:






















No comments:

Post a Comment